Friday, November 11, 2011

Sewing has happened - Sorbetto

I began a Sorbetto blouse last weekend - and then amidst the housework and all of the errands I had to do this past week I didn't really pick it up again until Friday night.

Sorbetto top
It is still not quite finished because I am deciding what to do about the sleeves. I am tempted to add sleeves as I'm not a huge fan of sleeveless.

I made a few little alterations to improve the fit for me. I cut the 12 but next time I think I may cut the 10 - I know it is meant to be blousy but it was quite blousy. I took it in at the side seams about 1cm and I cut a little bit off the shoulders on the outside.

I also didn't take the front pleat all the way to the bottom. I may still do this before I hem though.

The fabric I used is a cotton batiste/voile of some sort with a weave pattern through it. I had it in my stash.

I have moved on to sewing for my big boy - some new summer pyjamas - today. I realised yesterday that I have SO much sewing to do before Christmas as I am making most of our family Christmas presents. First up on the list is an advent calendar. I saw this one last year and loved it so I am going to have a go at recreating it.

1 comment:

  1. What a pretty top! Ilove the advent calender idea and hope you will come by and post it when you are done. Thanks for sharing.
    Justine @
     Sew Country Chick

    ReplyDelete