Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Capsule Wardrobe

How is it possible that I didn't know about such a thing before now.

The Capsule Wardrobe concept is GENIUS!!

Since becoming a mum of two I have found it increasingly difficult to have my style and eat it too - so to speak. Part of the reason why I sew - I simply can't get out to the shops on my own for long enough to see what is there and to try things on.

I do a lot of browsing online and often walk past things that I like - occasionally I will think I have nothing to wear and buy a few pieces at random - inevitably I end up with a mishmash wardrobe of things to wear and I am constantly browsing shops and lamenting that I don't have enough spare cash to buy the things I love.

However - if I do this capsule wardrobe thing it will solve all those problems. I discovered this post on How to build a Capsule Wardrobe and while I may have to tweak it a little to incorporate my own lifestyle I think I am going to do this.

I love having simplicity - I would love to be able to look in my wardrobe and just know that everything in there goes together - it is on my list and that is what I have to choose from to wear out of the house for the next three months. Then I can spend that time planning the next three months and saving up money for any key purchases I might need - rather than spending time and money grazing at the shops - lost - no - drowning in a sea of choice.

Here is the base list I have to work on:

1 Sunglasses
1 Purse
1 Laptop/Camera Bag
2 Dresses
2 Skirts
1 Jeans
2 Shorts/Capri
1 Dress pants
2 Light Sweaters
2 Blazers
2 Tanks
1 Button Down Shirt
5 Shirts
1 Sweatshirt
4 Shoes
1 Trench Coat
2 Bracelets
1 Necklace
1 Scarf

Homework for next week - begin narrowing down basedon what I currently own or can sew.

GOAL - to create a capsule wardrobe for the summer based on what I can sew or currently own. Everything else can be put away.

I would love to do the Project 333 thing properly - but I might aim for the Southern Hemisphere Autumn 2012 to begin as I will be back at work then.

No comments:

Post a Comment