Thursday, November 17, 2011

The "Masquerade" Apron

I have wanted to make some aprons for a while now but the thing is i'm not really a fan of the more traditional style aprons - I wanted something that had the feel of a dress with the practicality of an apron.

Initially I went looking for a smock pattern but couldn't really find anything that I liked immensely - so with that in ming I set about resigning my own dress apron.

What I have here is really just a muslin - the fabric is a old sheet - but I think that the pattern itself  works. I didn't quite manage to get the halter neckline exactly right but I put a small gathering stitch in the front bust midline which adds a quaint design feature.



You can't really see in the pics but there is a sash that wraps around the waist that forms from the waist ties.

I wanted something that I can wear around the house over my clothes for small children to wipe messy hands on and baby food to get smeared on and yet still be able to look like I was wearing clothes rather than an apron.

It is like an Apron that Masquerades as a dress - thus the "Masquerade" Apron.

No comments:

Post a Comment