Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Pattern Haul

I am the worst thrifter ever. I am officially useless at finding anything even remotely worth refashioning - even in my own wardrobe. I can stand in the queue behind someone who has discovered a beautiful white linen shirtdress that is just screaming for the hem to be shortened and wonder why that item didn't jump off the rack into my arms.

However, I do seem to be good at finding patterns. I have some cotton sateen that will suit this perfectly, and a wedding to wear it to.

Simplicity 2337

THis is the second time that I have discovered an uncut pattern in my size at the local thrift store - I must have good pattern vibes but not good refashion finding vibes.

I also discovered a couple of other patterns on my list for 50% off at Lincraft this morning. I have a Light charcoal linen blend in mind for the shirtdress.

Simplicity 2246 and 2147
Then I had to have a bit of a splurge on a Colette Pattern - the Ginger skirt - I can see a few of these in my future. No particular fabric in mind for this one.

Colette Ginger
Now to decide what to create first....

No comments:

Post a Comment