Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Queensland Floods

http://www.abc.net.au/news/
While I live in Canberra now - I find it so surreal to see the city I grew up in underwater. I was born in Brisbane and lived there for 29 years and it is and always will be my home. I love that city so much that I do in fact dream about one day moving back there.

My friends and family are thankfully all in higher parts of Brisbane - as was our old home - but that doesn't take away from the devastation that these flood have and will continue to cause some families.

I feel quite helpless and wish that I could be there in person to help in some way. My obligations here prevent that unfortunately but we have donated money to the Flood Appeal - and you can too.

Just follow these links:

Donate to the Premier's Appeal - if you want to direct $$$$ directly then this is the best place to donate. Just go here and more information is here. 

There is also an Auction being run by Toni Coward of Make it Perfect fame - multiple talented deigners and crafters auctioning their goods. Go here if you want to see more.

These are just a few of the options available.


We are heading up to Brisbane in two weeks for a wedding (If it can still go ahead) and it will be so fascinating and saddening at the same time to witness the aftermath. 



No comments:

Post a Comment