Monday, January 31, 2011

Pregnancy has it's down sides..

that is for sure.  Today is the 3rd day of leg cramp for me. That is despite taking magnesium supplements, using Magnesium phosphate topical cream and drinking lots of water. It is stopping me from sleeping - hence the posting in the middle of the night.



I also discovered last night that my tolerance for cutting out patterns has reduced by a very large amount in the past two weeks! I went to the local fabric store yesterday to buy some more Interlock to make a few more Nursing friendly nightdresses and thought that I would just get on with cutting them out. I washed the fabric as soon as I got home and as soon as the little one was in bed I set to cutting. I think one of the biggest problems was that I couldn't find my sewing scissors anywhere and I had to use the rotary cutter - which requires being at a certain angle. So there I was set up on the floor, surrounded by 2.5 Yds of difficult to fold stretch interlock in my 3rd trimester pregnant state trying to cut this pattern out 3 times as quickly as I could.


Add to that the 38 degree temperature here today (100.4F - Crazy!) and it just wasn't all that pleasant.

It is going to be another one of those days today so I am going to try my hardest to stay indoors in the air conditioning for the most of the day.

How is my Vintage pattern going? Some people might be wondering.

It sits on my bedside table daunting me right now. I think that part of me doesn't want to commit to the thinking involved in grading the pattern up a couple of sizes. I also don't really have any way of fitting it correctly and from what I can tell with some of these Vintage pattern muslin's that are coming through on the sew along the seem to often need some serious adjustments.

I seriously wish that plain poplin or Calico was cheaper than it is here in Australia so that I didn't feel like I was throwing money down the drain to make a muslin !

No comments:

Post a Comment