Monday, January 10, 2011

Jam making adventures


I have never made jam before - but we do have a very productive Plum tree which is just heaving with rapidly ripening fruit right now. Last year was the first year we had lived here that I thought I would have a go at jam making - but then we had very little fruit on the tree.

So when my friend offered to give me a jam making lesson I jumped at the chance.

I spent yesterday morning in intensive lesson mode and then went home and chopped fruit.




and this morning in Jam making mode. It was surprisingly easy - except I am especially  grateful for the lesson. It was good to have visual clues as to what I should be looking for.

Cooking...

  still cooking...



and then there was Jam!

Very rewarding!

1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy! My favorite is cumquat jam - as per the main photo on my blog. If you can get your hands on some, it's worth making. It's fun and rewarding - well done!

    ReplyDelete