Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A Beautiful Home - The Kitchen

I want a beautiful home I really do. I feel like I am always spending money on little touches here and there and never really getting very far at all. We purchased our home in 2009 and it needed a lot of work. In that time we have done a little bit but really not all that much.

This year we are planning on knocking out some walls and putting in a new kitchen - after I have had the baby and can project manage. We have to have some design plans drawn up first as we are planning an extension in the future and the location of the extension may impact our renovation plans so it all needs to be taken into consideration.

I would love to share my thoughts and inspiration on our home renovation as we go along. I find that I have a very cluttered head when it comes to interior design. I tear many many pages from magazines - but then I think I get disheartened when the small things I do to make myself feel better about the current awfulness of our home don't work out all that well.

But I think that one room at a time, slowly slowly we will get there - perhaps I need to make it my project for the next 5 years? 

But for now I will try and dedicate one post a week to sharing inspirational pictures I have come across on the net. At least then if I never get around to putting them into my inspiration book - at least I will have some all together in one place!


We have some Boral Silkwood in Blackbutt as our flooring for the kitchen space - it is very similar to that in the pic above. I also have red accents (all of my appliances are red) and really want to keep this feel.


This pic is about equivalent to the space we have available and the layout is similar. I saved this picture for the large cupboards along the wall with the oven. We will have similar.


I really like the floor to ceiling cupboards - but I am yet to convince my husband! I also love the open cupboards on wither side of the range. We have our crockery in open shelving now and it works really well.
That is all I have for kitchens right now - but I am sure there will be more!

No comments:

Post a Comment