Monday, January 3, 2011

Here She is...





in all her polished cotton loveliness... I just couldn't take the risk of leaving it to fate and having her slip through my fingers. So now 2.5 m is mine - which hopefully is enough for the planned dress.

I am intending to make up a 'muslin' in this navy stretch poplin - not the standard muslin type fabric I know but  I am kind of hoping that if the muslin turns out well I might be able to wear it too. I just couldn't justify paying $6.00AUS per meter for calico when the poplin was only $8.00. Plus the little bit of stretch in the poplin should mirror the 2% spandex in the dress fabric. I will also use the poplin to line another dress that I have in the pipeline - one that I will actually be able to wear now. I will share the details of that one in another post though.

I am excited about this project!

A couple of days ago I found myself with a clean house and nothing to do during nap time and I started flicking through this book:




I have made a number of things from this book - mostly things for H boy like toys - I find the patterns quite simple and a little frivolous. By that I mean mostly things I don't really need. However, I did need a new pouch to store all the things that float around in my handbag and I came across this and thought it quite cute:



pictures sourced from Meet me at Mike's Book




It took me some creativity with lightweight fusible interfacing as I only had that and it called for medium weight - so I just put in two layers of lightweight which gave it a nice firmness. It only took around 40 mins to make up and turned out really cute.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see the finished garment - I always try to match the type of fabric for my muslins. Bought some stretchy fabric from "Spotlight" - for $1 p.m - for testing garments - Bargain!! Oh, and that is such a cute clutch - well done!

    ReplyDelete