Thursday, February 10, 2011

More UFO work

I tend to do a lot of sewing at night as that is when I get a good few hours to myself where I can sew uninterrupted. Yesterday evening I went through the unfinished projects box properly and had a general tidy up of the sewing room.

It is one of those 'magical' spaces for the H boy as the inquisitive 2 year old that he is - because the door stays shut all the time - if I happen to leave it open by mistake he will find a way to get in there.

I don't really mind because most of the stuff is on high shelves or in boxes but if I have been sewing a lot there is often pins on the floor or the iron is still out etc etc. I have to try harder to leave things in a tidy state so if he does get in there I needn't worry so much.

Tonight I finished off the quilting on the unfinished quilt project, and I made a little 'sewing toolbelt' or sewing apron. The toolbelt is a project I have had cut out since before H boy was born also. It was one of those projects that got taken over by more interesting and exciting things. However, upon finishing it tonight I can see that I will use it all the time. My cutting table is the dining room table which is at the other end of the house to the sewing space. So I am continually leaving the rotary cutter, the pin cushion or the tape measure at the wrong end of the house. Now I have a little toolbelt I can carry then around with me!

Pics to come when I have daylight to take some!

The UFO pile is getting smaller!

No comments:

Post a Comment