Saturday, February 26, 2011

Another UFO bites the dust

I am slowly slowly working my way through that UFO basket and today I finished sewing the binding on the biggest of all the UFO's - the Quilt I started for the H boy over 2 years ago.


Given that this was my first quilting adventure I am really quite happy with the end result. There are a few mistakes and some of the squares don't line up but it is a quilt for my boy and it is finished.
While quilting is not my favourite thing in the world when it comes to sewing, I am already planning the next quilt project - a quilt for the new baby. Partly because I discovered a whole lot of precut squares that I had obviously planned to make a quilt with at some point. 

I do like that most of the projects in the UFO box are simple finishing off jobs and so they are usually quick - no doubt things I had just lost passion for at the time I started them. So I have been able to have a project that I am interested in as well as  some quick but satisfying sewing going at the same time.

Pattern review on it's way tomorrow!

And - completely on another topic - can I just declare my secret love of Turkish Delight... can't describe exactly what it is about the pink sugary goodness - perhaps it is just the prettyness factor but it is just heavenly!



and I just discovered Turkish delight ice cream...mmnnnn


1 comment:

  1. I really like the colours and you've done a great job. Must do another one for your newborn - even a small one for the cot. Turkish Delight - yep, sweet but nice!!

    ReplyDelete