Sunday, February 13, 2011

H Boy's 2nd Birthday

There is a reason that Valentines Day doesn't register very highly with me these days - that is because 2 Years ago this little boy came into our lives on V-Day eve.


So today we celebrated his 2nd birthday with a construction themed party. I will apologise in advance about the quality of the photos - I am unhappy with the performance of our new camera - especially outdoors.



I created some ambiance with some  construction tape from a local hardware store and printed off some construction site signage pictures from Seton.



I also sewed some of these together to make a bunting decoration.



There were Hard Hats and party favours -  little "Authorised Bulldozer Driver" ID tags for each of the kids, which I again made using the customised sign designer on the Seton website.


This is my heirloom to be handmade Happy Birthday banner. I began sewing this over a year ago in preparation for his 1st Birthday. It didn't get done in time for that and then it got shelved in the infamous UFO box. I vowed to finish it before his 2nd birthday. I am really happy with how it turned out and look forward to seeing it through many birthdays to come.


And the finishing touch - the Bulldozer Cake.


Not as complex as it looks - although I did use half a bottle of yellow food colouring and it still wasn't yellow enough. Licorice for the wheels and tracks and honeycomb for the dirt out front.
Happy birthday my little one!

No comments:

Post a Comment