Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The reason for the lack of sewing...


What I hear you asking? How could a sewing machine be a reason for a lack of Sewing?

Well because until last week this was not my sewing machine you see!

I have been feeling for a while now that I had out grown my hard working but small and frustrating Brother BC-2500. A great beginners machine for sure but there were many things about it that were getting on my nerves. When the tension went haywire for no apparent reason a few weeks ago I must have complained about it to my husband at just the right moment - as he offered to buy me a new machine - with limits on how much it was going to cost.

I basically wanted a higher quality machine that was going to see me through the next 10 years or so at a minimum.

For the amount of money he gave me to spend - the Singer Curvy 8780 is what I came up with.

So far I really like it - but I am still very much learning it's in's and outs. I made a quilt top on Sunday for a quilt for the new baby and I was very impressed with the speed and ease of sewing. I am a little frustrated at the instruction manual and the Singer website - but the machine itself is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment