Saturday, March 12, 2011

Canberra in Autumn

Autumn is by far the best time of year in Canberra and the season kicks off with a bang in March with the Enlighten festival and other celebrations surrounding Canberra day on March 14th.

The really good bit is when all the leaves start to change colour, the gorgeous clear days and the crisp mornings before the frost begins to fall and it starts to get a bit too cold for my liking.

Hopefully I will be able to bring you some pictures of Canberra throughout the season.

Starting with our family outing this morning to the annual hot air balloon festival.

It was a pre-dawn start to see the whole process from beginning to end.

Seeing the flames up close is quite spectacular.



As you can see - there are quite alot!




Old Parliament house in the background.

1 comment:

  1. I'll be up in mid April - can't wait to see my daughter and Autumn is my most fav time of the year!!

    ReplyDelete