Thursday, December 30, 2010

Welcome and Why 'Sew in Style'

Hello and Welcome!

Thanks so much for popping by and having a read.

I have been blogging for a few years now - mostly about life and fitness - however, this year I wanted to embark on a quest to blog more about my crafting and sewing pursuits. However I wanted also to spend sometime reflecting upon and rediscovering my sense of style, class, poise and etiquette - something that I seem to have not entirely lost but misplaced somewhere in the past two years of first time motherhood.

Once upon a time all I could think about was presenting a stylish and classy exterior - and I think that in order to do this you need to have internalized the elements that go together to make it up to some degree - and therefore know innately how to be that stylish and classy person from the inside out.

So along with my handbook - Australian Style - I am hoping to spend the next 12 months exploring as many elements of style, class, etiquette and elegance as I possibly can.


Oh - and the sewing part? Well clearly I love to sew - and I don't see why we can't have Style and not be seen wearing our own creations as well!

I sew mostly clothes for myself - although I don't exclusively wear my self-made wardrobe. I have far too much of a penchant for shopping for that to be the case!

I also like to sew and create things for my little boy - clothes here and there as well as toys and games and other crafty things. I hope that I will be able to share our creations here.

So a little about me?

I am married to a wonderful supportive husband - we'll just call him M, have a beautiful 2 year old boy - H, and another little boy due in April - B.

We live in Canberra, Australia.


No comments:

Post a Comment