Friday, December 31, 2010

A quick trip to the fabric store is always dangerous...


Sorry about the mild blur in the pic - but I was in the line at the fabric store - after popping in for some ribbon - and may have just fallen in love with this 2% Spandex/Cotton blend. It might have been the way they had it on display but hey - I can see a dress in that. 

I have an Autumn wedding to go to only 4 weeks after my next bub is due. Wasn't planning on making a dress (thinking I probably won't have the time with a newborn - nor will I know my measurements), but perhaps I should buy enough to make one - Just in case I happen to come across a pattern that will do the fabric AND my post birth waistline justice????

2 comments:

  1. I'm wondering if that's Gardams? I've seen that fabric made up in almost an identical dress, it is de-va-stat-ing. Do it. Do it for post-baby you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Steph - no not Gardam's - although that is my fabric store of choice in Brisbane. I am in Canberra and the store is called Addicted to Fabric - they often have a nice selection of dress fabric. It is our only option other than spotlight.

    ReplyDelete